Monday, December 15, 2008

Caramel filled Cookies



While I was thinking and drooling over recipes for cookies and candies (both of which I am not supposed to eat - but that doesn't stop me from thinking about them!) I ran across a couple of recipes that I thought I could improve - at least with speed !



  • 1 - tube of cookie dough ( sugar - brownie - whatever is your fancy)

  • 1/2 cup regular granulated sugar

  • 24 or so chocolate covered caramels (Rolos) or you can use regular caramels (why is it you never see caramels until fall?)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375



  • split open the tube of cookie dough

  • divide it into 24 sections

  • work each section around a piece of caramel

  • rolling it completely so that no caramel shows through

  • drop the ball into the sugar

  • place on cookie sheet

bake 8 - 10 minutes remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on the cookie sheet before moving them to a wire rack.

WARNING ! ! ! ! !
COOL COMPLETELY before eating - nothing like molten lava running down your throat!!

No comments: