Wednesday, July 30, 2008

" TRASH " - AKA Party Mix

* Momma, has been calling this Trash since I was old enough to eat it and … that is about a coons age ! I am sure some call it Party Mix !
________________________________________________

T R A S H

Preheat oven to 250°
______________

3 C Rice Chex® cereal

3 C. Wheat Chex® cereal

3 C Corn Chex® cereal

1 C mixed nuts

1 C. pretzel sticks

¾ tsp garlic powder

¾ tsp onion powder

6 T butter / margarine

4 T Worcestershire

1 tsp. Tabasco

1 ½ tsp seasoned salt

[If you are feeling adventurous add some Cajun Seasonings like
(Tony Chachere's or Slap Ya Mama) ]



+++++++++++++++

You know when it gets to be party season and you see those aluminum Turkey Roasting Pans???? Well that always makes me think of TRASH! It is the most obvious sensory trigger that I have ever seen.... I guess that is why this rarely gets made except during the holidays!

SO buy an extra tray and store it somewhere so when you are feeling blue you can pull it out and make TRASH... and then you can talk TRASH about everyone you know (while you stuff your face!)

If I am going to be truly honest here I will also say... I rarely use the pretzels if I am making it strictly for ME - I just add another cup of Rice Chex ® .. and if I can afford it ... I put in the premium nuts with NO peanuts! AND YES I am very mature figured!

  • Melt butter in large roasting pan in oven.

  • Stir in seasonings.

  • Slowly stir in the cereals, nuts, and pretzels coating them as well as you can.

  • Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

  • Remove from oven and allow to cool.

  • Storing in airtight container. (Yeah ... like that ever happens!)

* Major NOTE: I never put this concoction in the microwave, as the micro makes the whole thing stale.

No comments: